My Wicked, Wicked, Ways

I've no idea what this space will be used for. I'll just "keep it real".

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

No Beef Here

At long last I've found it! My dreams have come true! This ad haunts my dreams. This kind of reminds me of a certain Simpsons episode that made fun of catch phrases. I believe it was an episode where Bart appears on Krusty's show, messes up and then says "I didn't do it." The live studio audience goes wild with laughter and "I didn't do it" became a wild catchphrase that is repeated by everyone from newscasters to Moms at the supermarket. The phenomenon even spawns a group called the " I Didn't Do It" dancers. Why weren't there "Where's the Beef?" dancers? There should've been. Although these dancers couldn't be young Solid Gold-types but more "seasoned", perhaps retired ex-Ziegfeld follies folks looking to reclaim past glory. But alas, Clara Peller knew fame too late in life to do anything about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home