My Wicked, Wicked, Ways

I've no idea what this space will be used for. I'll just "keep it real".

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Blowjob

Life at summer camp was an ideal place for a pre-teen/teenage boy. With hormones raging and mischief beckoning there was no better place to be sent than the woods of Amherst, NH to be with 300-400 other Jews each looking to get away from their parents for some kind of cheap thrills. As a pre-teen, sex was a topic on everyone's mind - like constantly. When you got up (BEMHO), went to breakfast ("these muffins look like Joelle Sebanook's tits"), swimming ("I think Stephanie Clayman has one of the most under-rated asses in all of camp"), Judaica ("I like it when Sue Aronson teaches us how to do pelvic thrusts to "Ani o'heavah tachol hasman"), lunch ("If we knock these salt packets onto the floor we could get Linda Gershon to bend over and pick them up enabling us to see down her shirt") athletics ("Did you feel up Leah Dorfman when you collided with her at home plate?"), riflery ("Wow look at Rachel Leavitt - I want to get down into the prone position with her") dinner ("Look at these hot dogs - they look like cocks. Here, put one between your knees.") and then finally Israeli Dancing ("God it's so hot in here. I hope one of the girl counselors takes off their top.")

One of the oddest examples of this ever present and pervasive sex theme came one evening when we were getting ready for our Evening Activity. While in the bath house brushing my teeth at one of the three communal sinks that bordered the area just outside the showers I turned to look at Seth Caswell who was standing next to me and had just finished up the same task. After spitting out some toothpaste and wiping his mouth Seth looked back at me while I was in mid-brush, mouth covered with toothpaste foam, thought for a minute and then said "You look like you just gave someone a blowjob." That was it. You couldn't be more point blank and completely random than that. Even in the performing of the most routine, mundane activity reflecting good oral hygiene even - you couldn't escape the fact that everything you did had to be tied back to something related to sex. I looked back at Seth and in a tone that works best when used by boys under the age of 16 amongst their peers said simply "Fuck off Caswell."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home